When we think of fall, we think leaves, pumpkin spice, earth tones, blankets, fireplace, hot cocoa, family time, among many other things. But how do we reflect this in our fall makeup? Do we use the same makeup routine from the summer? Do we use the same palette from last year? We are sure you must have a routine set in place, but we think that with these palettes, you will definitely enjoy creating that fall makeup look and getting ready in the morning, even if it’s just to have your routine coffee in the living room.
These are some palettes we have been excited about sharing:
Although extremely different, these palettes can be really fun to play with!
The pointers we want to share to getting the perfect fall makeup look are the following:
- First: Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! We harp about this in almost every blog post, but with fall already here, your skin will get dry and flaky if you don’t moisturize. If you want your makeup to sit right, make sure to take care of the skin underneath. Following a good moisturizer, add your preferred primer and we should be ready to go!
- Second: Consider adding an eyelid primer all over your eyelid. This will help to set the eyeshadow on your eyelid. If you don’t have an eyelid primer, simply try a cream based eyeshadow as a foundation.
- Third: Add your first eyeshadow (start off with the lighter shade), on top of the eyelid and softly on the crease of your eye. Then grab a darker shade and apply to the crease area, layering as much as you want to get the look you desire.
- Fourth: Choosing the glitter shade of your choice, wet your brush a little bit and dab onto your eyelid as desired to get the glimmer look you want.
- Fifth: Now go and add a darker color to your crease and blend, blend, blend!
- Sixth: On both the lower and upper eyelid, add some eyeliner. Follow this by adding a light brown eyeshadow color to the bottom of the eyelashes. This will give you a deep, exotic look.
These are basic tips, with so much room for creativity -- have fun with it! We want to see how you play dress up this fall and holiday season, whether indoors or outdoors. Show us what you got!